An exposition of Revelation 1:1-20. This message by Pastor Rod Harris was delivered at Trinity Baptist Church on Sunday morning, June 8, 2008.
Many have said that “Revelation” is the most mis-named book in the Bible.
Things to keep in mind when studying the book of Revelation:
- The book of Revelation was given to a church. It was meant to comfort that church.
- It is a gospel book. It is about Christ.
- It is a book of worship.
Three principles from this opening passage from the book of Revelation:
- living faithfully in this world demands a confident hope in the sure return of our redeemer in power and glory.
- living faithfully demands a clear vision of the majesty and glory of Christ.
- Living faithfully demands a compelling conviction that Christ is sovereign over the church and over the world.
Don’t waste your time worrying, spend your time waiting and anticipating the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.